Warning: this flu shot wellness juice is not for the faint hearted! It is, however, for the lovers of immune-boosting, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich superfoods like turmeric, ginger, Manuka honey, lemon, and cayenne pepper.
While the ingredients may seem scary for some, we can promise you this wellness juice is actually quite palatable! The Manuka honey works to soften the spice of the ginger and cayenne pepper, while the lemon and orange add a zesty flavour that helps to mask the tang of the apple cider vinegar.
This wellness juice can be juiced up in less than 5 minutes (or blended and then strained if you don’t have a juicer). A perfect mid-winter pick me up!
- 1 tbsp Manuka honey
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1 knob ginger
- 1 knob turmeric (turmeric powder is fine if you can’t find it fresh)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Prepare the lemon and orange for juicing by removing the skins
- Peel the skin off the ginger and turmeric if using fresh ingredients
- Juice (or blend) the lemon, orange, ginger and turmeric
- If blended, strain through a cheesecloth or fine strainer into another container
- Stir in the Manuka honey, cayenne pepper, sea salt, apple cider vinegar (and turmeric powder if unable to find fresh)
- Pour 50ml into each glass to serve
- Bottoms up!
Were you brave enough to try this flu shot wellness juice at home? We want to know about it! Share your version of this immune-boosting wellness shot and tag us over on Instagram @wholelifepharmacyandhealthfood
Hungry for more? Make sure you check out our other recipes we’ve whipped up in the WholeLife kitchen here.