Absence from work certificate

What do you need it for?

Under the Fair Work Act 2009, employees can be required by their employer to provide certificates for absence from work to verify absences from work due to illness or injury of the employee themselves, or a member of the employee’s immediate family or household.

So, if you are unwell or caring for someone who is unwell, you may need to obtain an Absence from Work Certificate. 

What we can do for you…

The Fair Work Act of 2009 grants pharmacists the right to issue Absence from Work Certificates. If you are in need of an Absence from Work Certificate, you may be able to obtain one from your local WholeLife Pharmacy & Healthfoods store.

Keep note:

  • If you are the carer for someone who is unwell and require a certificate, the person who is unwell must also attend the consultation.
  • This applies only to illnesses or injuries that your pharmacist is qualified to assess
  • Call first to make an appointment as consultations may vary in length, and to check if this service is offered in your store
  • There is a charge associated with this service and it may vary from store to store
  • Certificates are issued at the pharmacist’s discretion
  • This service is not offered in all stores

Store contact details can be found here.