Long gone are the days of natural deodorants being reserved exclusively for crunchy mums and the residents of Nimbin – we’re all switching to the low tox life in 2023!
More of us are making the switch to natural, non-toxic products in our homes, our skincare routine, and our laundry, so why should our pits miss out on the party? Our skin is our largest organ and absorbs anything that you put on it, so it’s time we start treating ourselves a little better with only the best natural products available!
So why should you make the switch to natural deodorant? Let us give you five reasons:
1. Regular deodorants and antiperspirants contain aluminum, parabens, triclosan, synthetic fragrances among other nasty ingredients. Continued application of these products to your armpit over time may be toxic to your skin and body. The armpit is a specialized area of the skin which not only has a specialised sweat gland and duct system but our lymph nodes lie directly underneath. The long-term effects of these chemicals and nasty ingredients on the body have not been studied so it’s impossible to know how harmful they can be. In saying that, there really is no harm in avoiding them and replacing them with a more suitable alternative!
2. Natural deodorants are made with ingredients that are less likely to irritate sensitive skin and are more environmentally friendly. Remember, everything that you put on your body eventually has to be washed off, which then will eventually enter our waterways and oceans. Better for you and the environment? That’s a double win!
3. Natural deodorants are often made with ingredients that are more sustainable and packaged in biodegradable or recyclable materials. Choosing natural deodorants means you are also reducing your waste and environmental footprint. Most will advertise this offering on their packaging so you’re able to make a conscientious decision.
4. We sweat for a reason! Antiperspirants stop the very natural and normal process of sweating, which is a biological mechanism to cool us down and detoxify our bodies. Natural deodorants still allow you to sweat and undergo this this physiological process, while its main action is to reduce any odour with natural ingredients.
5. Natural deodorants smell and feel way better! There is now so much choice in terms of scent, application and texture for natural deodorants. So, there is pretty much no reason to smell like a synthetic fragrance cocktail of floral bouquet or (heaven forbid) Lynx Africa.
Time to put your regular deodorants in the bin and shop these natural alternatives ASAP!
- Noosa Basics Organic Roll On Natural Deodorant
- Noosa Basics Deodorant Spray
- No Pong Original Deodorant
- Eco by Sonya Natural Lemongrass Deodorant
- Dr Organic Roll On Deodorant
- MooGoo Fresh Cream Deodorant
- Weleda Men 24Hr Roll On Deodorant
- Black Chicken Remedia Axilla Deodorant Paste