A modern twist on the classic Weet-Bix Biscuit Slice using Sneaky Wholefoods Salted Banana Caramel Better Being Blend x Steph McDonald.
- 100g Nuttelex Butter (melted)
- 8 Weet Bix (crumbed)
- ½ cup Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ cup Coconut Sugar/Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Maple Syrup
- 1 medium banana
- 200g Salted Banana Caramel Better Being Blend
- 50g Nuttlex/Butter
- 100g Icing Sugar (We love Naturally Sweet Sugar Free)
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Dragon Fruit Powder/Beetroot Powder (optional for colour)
- Preheat the oven to 170°c.
- Grease and line a 20x20cm square tin.
- Mix all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the banana and add the melted Nuttelex and maple syrup. Mix well.
- Pour the wet mix over the dry mix and blend together until well combined (the mix should be slightly sticky).
- Pour the mixture into the square tin and smooth out the mixture, ensuring it is evenly spread out in the tin.
- Place the tin into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the tin from the oven and allow to cool completely (unfortunately you have to follow this step and not eat it straight out of the oven).
- Using a hand mixer or food processor, blend all the icing ingredients together.
- Spread the icing mixture over the slice evenly and top with the sprinkles.
- Place the slice into the fridge for 30-60 minutes before slicing it into your desired size.