The intoxicating scent of sweet orange slices drying in the oven is one that puts even the most stubborn of grinches in the Christmas spirit. This D.I.Y eco-friendly garland is so easy to make and can be used to decorate the Christmas tree, dining table, gifts and more!
What you’ll need:
- 5 oranges
- Twine or string
- Hot glue gun
- Heat your oven to 120°C and line 3 baking sheets with baking paper.
- Slice the oranges in 0.8-1cm thick slices and arrange on the trays.
- Bake for 2-4 hours or until completely dried out. Flip the orange slices halfway through the cooking time.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Cut your twine to the length you want your garland and using the hot glue gun, adhere the orange slices to the twine.
- Make sure the glue has cooled and hardened, then it is ready for use!
This orange garland can last up to two years!
Follow us on Instagram @wholelifepharmacyandhealthfood for more festive fun.
Looking for more D.I.Y Christmas decorating inspiration? Read our Salt Dough Ornament blog.
Dried Orange garland on staircase by themerrythought.com
Scandinavian Christmas Tree by twelveonnmain.com