The intoxicating scent of sweet orange slices drying in the oven is one that puts even the most stubborn of grinches in the Christmas spirit. This D.I.Y eco-friendly garland is so easy to make and can be used to decorate the Christmas tree, dining table, gifts and more!
What you’ll need:
- 5 oranges
- Twine or string
- Hot glue gun
1. Heat your oven to 120°C and line 3 baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Slice the oranges in 0.8-1cm thick slices and arrange on the trays.
3. Bake for 2-4 hours or until completely dried out. Flip the orange slices halfway through the cooking time.
4. Leave to cool completely.
5. Cut your twine to the length you want your garland and using the hot glue gun, adhere the orange slices to the twine.
6. Make sure the glue has cooled and hardened, then it is ready for use!
This orange garland can last up to two years!
Dried Orange garland on staircase by themerrythought.com
Scandinavian Christmas Tree by twelveonnmain.com