Add a little zest to your Christmas feast with this Lemon & Herb Roast Chicken by GevityRx! It’s like a burst of sunshine on your holiday table, infusing tradition with a dash of tangy deliciousness. The hero in this recipe is Gevity Rx Lemon & Herb Bone Broth Body Glue™️ – a staple for all Chrissy roasts!
Makes 4-6 servings.
Large (1.5kg) free-range/organic chicken
1 bulb of garlic
Bunch of mixed fresh herbs, such as, thyme, rosemary – roughly chopped
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 240°C
2. Mix the extra virgin olive oil and Gevity Rx Lemon & Herb Bone Broth Body Glue™️ in a small bowl to combine, then rub half the mix all over the chicken.
3. Carefully prick the lemon all over, then place inside the chicken’s cavity, along with garlic cloves and herbs.
4. Place the tray in the oven, then turn the heat down immediately to 200°C and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes.
5. Baste the chicken with remaining broth mix halfway through cooking.
6. When cooked, take the tray out of the oven and allow it to rest for 15 minutes while you make your gravy.
We’ve included more recipes like this in our Christmas Recipe Collection. Download your copy now for more healthy and delicious Christmas-inspo!
You can also sign up in-store to WholeLife Vibe, our loyalty program, to receive more recipes and offers straight to your email inbox.
Merry Christmas, from our WholeLife family to yours!