Deliciously creamy, gut-loving AND super healthy? The trifecta of spreads does exist, and it has manifested in the form of Peace, Love & Vegetables Cashew Cheese spreads!
For those who haven’t heard of the notion that cashews can in fact be made into cheesy goodness, these spreads may be a little intimidating and maybe even a little confusing. What does it taste like? How do I use it? What do you mean it’s vegan?? I thought you said it was cheese?
We hear you – and we’re here with the answers.
Peace, Love & Vegetables are all about gut-loving, fermented, raw foods and their range of Cashew Cheese spreads are organic, vegan, paleo, and gluten free. The ingredient panels are super clean too, only containing cashews, multiple strains of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium (good bacteria) and those delicious flavourings like dill, olive oil, garlic, and onion to name a few.
Cashew cheese is made when cashews are soaked and then blended. You could easily DIY your own cashew cheese at home (which is also delicious), but you’d be missing out on all the fermented goodness that Peace, Love & Vegetables are so good at providing. Plus, you’d have to clean up. Let’s agree to leave cashew cheese to the experts.
These multi-strain probiotic cashew cheese spreads are so good you could eat them straight out of the jar, but they are also super versatile and can be used in so many recipes. We had a long, hard think in the WholeLife kitchen about how we could spice up some simple recipes with these gut-loving spreads to avoid eating the whole jar in one sitting with a spoon.
Keep reading for some delicious vegan recipe inspiration!
Portobello Mushroom Burger with Peace, Love & Vegetables Medicinal Mushroom Cashew Cheese
• Crusty bun
• 1 large portobello mushroom
• Alfalfa sprouts
• Peace, Love & Vegetables Medicinal Mushroom Cashew Cheese
1. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat
2. Cook the portobello mushroom for about 5 minutes on each side, making sure to coat the mushroom in olive oil
3. While the mushroom is cooking, toast the bun (optional)
4. Assemble your burger with a generous helping of Medicinal Mushroom Cashew Cheese on one side of the bun and mashed avocado on the other side
5. Place your portobello mushroom on top of the avocado and stack on your sliced beetroot and alfalfa sprouts
Winter Roast Veggie Buddha Bowl with Peace, Love & Vegetables French Onion Cashew Cheese
• ½ cup WholeLife Healthfoods Quinoa, rinsed
• 1 small sweet potato
• 6 Brussels sprouts
• 6 asparagus spears
• ½ punnet of cherry tomatoes
• A handful of baby spinach
• Juice of half a lemon
• 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• Peace, Love & Vegetables French Onion Cashew Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cook ½ cup of quinoa according to packet instructions
3. Prepare vegetables by chopping sweet potato into 1cm cubes, cutting the Brussels sprouts in halves, and removing the woody stems from the asparagus
4. Spread vegetables on to a lined baking tray and drizzle with olive oil
5. Bake in oven for 30 minutes
6. Prepare your salad dressing by combining 1 tbsp of Peace, Love & Vegetables French Onion Cashew Cheese with 1 tbsp of olive oil and the juice of ½ a lemon
7. Assemble your buddha bowl and drizzle with dressing to serve
Black Bean Chipotle Wrap with Peace, Love & Vegetables Chipotle Cashew Cheese
• 1 can of black beans
• Half a small sweet potato
• ½ an avocado
• A handful of spinach leaves
• 1 Herman Brot Low Carb Wrap
• Peace, Love & Vegetables Chipotle Cashew Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC to roast your sweet potato (same as in the Roasted Veggie Buddha Bowl recipe)
Alternatively, if you don’t have 30 minutes spare, you can pierce a whole sweet potato with a fork all over and then microwave for 5 minutes
2. Place your wrap on a chopping board and cut it from the centre to the bottom of the wrap
3. Arrange your wrap fillings and Chipotle Cashew Cheese on to each quarter of the wrap
4. Fold your wrap up TikTok style, by beginning to fold from the bottom left quarter upwards, then the top left quarter to the right, then the top right quarter down
5. Toast your wrap in a sandwich press or in a heated pan until desired toasted-ness is achieved. Enjoy!
Vegan Probiotic Sourdough Toastie with Peace, Love & Vegetables Dill Cashew Cheese
• 2 slices of sourdough
• Ceres Organic Sauerkraut
• Ceres Organic Gherkins
• Dijon Mustard
• Peace, Love & Vegetables Dill Cashew Cheese
1. On one slice of sourdough, spread your Dijon mustard (as much as you’d like!) and spread a generous helping of Peace, Love & Vegetables Dill Cashew Cheese on the other half
2. Load up your toastie with a large handful of sauerkraut and your sliced gherkins
3. Toast on a sandwich press and enjoy!