If you love an ice-cold sweet treat, we’ve got the perfect recipe idea that you’ll go nuts for. Picture what tastes almost like an ice cream but without, well, the ice cream. Introducing Banana Chocolate Popsicles. They’re super easy to make, are made from plant-based ingredients and are free from gluten, oh, and they taste delicious!!
- 4 firm Bananas
- 1 tsp of Absolute Organic Peanut Butter Smooth (topping)
- 2 blocks of Loving Earth 72% Dark Chocolate
- 1 packet of Wooden Craft Sticks
- Handful of WholeLife Healthfoods Desiccated Coconut (topping)
- Handful of WholeLife Healthfoods Macadamia & Cashew Mix (topping)
- Handful of WholeLife Healthfoods Insecticide-Free Australian Almonds (topping)
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy or have other toppings you would like to try, the sky is the limit! Ingredient measurements will vary depending on how many Banana Chocolate Popsicles you’d like to make and how much of the toppings you’d like to put on.
- Peel, then cut the ends off the bananas (you can cut off as much as you’d like). Carefully insert a craft stick into each of the bananas. Place on a tray with baking paper or just a sheet of baking paper and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Prep the toppings in the meantime. Finely chop or blend the nuts slightly in a blender. Do each of the nut toppings one at a time and put aside.
- Melt the chocolate gradually in a microwavable safe mug/tall cup. Microwave 30 seconds at a time, taking the mug out to stir the chocolate. Add more chocolate gradually throughout this process. Once all the chocolate has melted, take the bananas out of the freezer. One at a time, dip the banana into the melted chocolate, place on a plate/tray and quickly sprinkle the nut/shredded coconut toppings on. You can also use peanut butter as a topping. Drizzle as much peanut butter as you’d like onto the chocolate covered banana.
TIP: As the chocolate hardens quite quickly, we recommend doing this process one at a time for all the bananas, so your toppings stick onto the chocolate better.
- Eat immediately or put back into the freezer to enjoy later!