The dreaded cooler weather has arrived. Noo – where has summer gone?! With the cooler months inbound it’s time to strengthen our immune systems and keep ourselves warm, and what better way to do that than with an Asian Veggie Noodle Soup with a hint of Bone Broth?
Bone broth is the holy grail of boosting immunity and reducing inflammation. It’s highly nutritious, can help protect your joints and great for gut health! Not only is this soup extremely delicious, but it also has so many additional benefits for your health.
Asian Veggie Noodle Soup with Bone Broth
- 2 tbsp Carwari White Sesame Oil Toast
- 3 tbsp Carwari Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- WholeLife Healthfoods Sesame Seeds (garnish)
- Herbies Chilli Flakes Medium (garnish)
- Nutritionist Choice Rice Noodles Brown
- 2 tbsp Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth Homestyle Original
- 3 tbsp Gevity Rx Bone Broth Body Glue Natural 260g
- 1 tbsp Global Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot, finely sliced
- ½ Brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1 Bok Choy bunch (roughly chop half the bunch and leave the other half as is)
- 200g Enoki Mushrooms
- 4 King Oyster Mushrooms, sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large sized pot on a medium heat.
- Once the oil begins to simmer, add in the brown onion, garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant. Add the thinly sliced shallots and cook for a further 4 minutes. Stir often.
- Dissolve the Chicken Bone Broth Powder in 500ml of boiling water and add to pot.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and bone broth into the pot and stir to combine.
- Place the lid onto the pot and allow the soup to simmer for 5 minutes.
- After allowing the soup to simmer, add the chopped bok choy, full bok choy leaves and both mushrooms. Let this simmer with the lid on for two minutes.
- Add the rice noodles and cook until soft.
- Pour the soup, noodles and veggies into a bowl and top with chilli flakes and sesame seeds.